Monday, February 05, 2007

You have GOT to be kidding me.


Whine, anyone?

I spent my first 24 hours back from California with Minda, Erin, et all, blissfully not thinking about getting back to real life on Monday.
But Mondays show up, ready or not!

Right before I left for California, I took my van in, and found that I had blown the head gasket. Crapola. That, my friends, is not cheap to fix. So I told them I'd be gone until this week and left it at the mechanic's.

This morning, my laptop was acting W-E-I-R-D. Ran checkdisk, found the harddrive is on it's way out. Again, crapola. No computer = no bank accounts, no email, no chatting with my husband. NEED the laptop. No two ways about it. So, over lunch break I hauled up my old desktop pc and got it running. I can limp along on this until I get a new harddrive. The good news is, the laptop is just cooperative enough to let me back up my essential files.

Also this morning, Dave called. He was feeling bummed because he was still holding out on the slim hope that he would be leaving to go to school in Pennsylvania in a few days. No dice. Now, it looks like the school they might send him to is in Georgia, for five months. That would get him home.... Hm, late August. Huh.

So, I did what any self-respecting 31 year-old would do. I called my mommy.

1 comment:

mindakms said...

I'm so sorry Monday had to come! It sounded awful! But remember, there is always crazy Tuesday nights at Camp David to cheer you up again!