Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Monday, happy and sad

Yesterday morning, I woke up EARLY and started work. A few hours into it, Erin's DH came online and I took a break to chat with him a bit. He suggested that I take Erin to 1SG Mettille's funeral, so that she had a ride, and didn't have to be there alone. So we went. Personally, I didn't know him, and Dave didn't work directly with him, but it was good to be there. The funeral was at the Cathedral, and it was very formal and beautiful. Some things were hard to look at. It was hard to see the people in uniform.

Later, Erin & I went out to Olive Garden to celebrate her birthday. We talked and laughed and had a good night. The more I get to know her, the more I am impressed by her.

This morning, my boss in Ohio called me to say how excited she was by the package that Dave sent her family. She has a son who is very into military things, and Dave sent him some things that just sent him over the moon. Have I mentioned recently that I love my husband? He is fabulous in so many ways.

No comments: