Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Good Food, Good Friends

Tonight I went out to dinner with three former co-workers to Maggiano's Little Italy.
So much food... all fabulous. I have leftover fettucini alfredo to last me for two days. Working at home, I miss the in-office interaction. At home, interacting takes a lot more effort and is more intrusive. I do have people in the New Albany office that I do keep a more personal relationship with, ever since I had a chance to meet them face to face. I guess I never really thought about my long-distance relationships much; Dave in Iraq, Chie & Keitaro in Japan, my co-workers in Ohio. I can't give them a smile in passing or a pat on the back. It's so easy to fall into thinking that there isn't anything important enough to talk about, and not maintain that contact. But I think about them all and I wish they could be not so far away.

No comments: