Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, it's here! The new year, and the snow! Happy 2007 everybody. My sister-in-law had said I could come over whenever and stay as long as I'd like, so yesterday morning I packed an overnight bag, just in case. I headed to Too. (wow, what a website) Seventeen croppers were going to be working on their stuff and Sue kept the store open until 2 AM. Sometime around 2 pm, I think, the rain changed to snow. Quite a lot of big, wet snowflakes. I worked until about 6 and then I headed over to keep young Rachel entertained and away from her brother's birthday party. The roads were pretty bad, so I was glad to be going to Dave's brother's, instead of home, just because it was a little closer. Rachel had a list of activities for us to do. We colored and did a puzzle and made beaded bracelets and watched a movie. It was fun. I think I was asleep by 12:25, despite the four 10 & 11 year old boys in the next room playing video games until the wee hours. This morning, naturally, the roads have been plowed and it was smooth sailing home. Now, I must go and shovel my driveway!

No comments: