Monday, July 03, 2006

On the Eve of a Holiday

July fourth just isn't the same when you have to work the day before and the day after. I've been thinking recently about the family camp I used to go to at Camp Shamineau when I was a kid. The summers were so long then.
Today after work (at the real job) I ran a couple errands, and then I made curtains for the front door sidelights, and mounted a flag bracket on the house. The curtains turned out very well, the flag I have to get used to. After that, I gave both of my dogs baths, and watched a movie.

I have no idea what is in store for tomorrow. I should clean the garage or the storage room, I suppose. Something productive. I'm greatful for the day to get things done, but at the same time, it's pretty lonely. Holidays - any holidays - are hard.

No comments: