Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Melting.. Melting...

What a world, what a world.

Monday's snow is slowly but surely losing the fight. It's slipping off of trees and roofs with a juicy splat that is quite satisfying (unless the splat lands on you).

Yesterday was an up-and-down kind of day, overall a good day with a few bouts of sick scattered through for balance. Some moments I hit my limit, and just want to feel normal again; I had one of those moments yesterday. And then yesterday I was overtaken with peace about it; The outcome is a good one. All of this is worth it. What if I had cancer, wouldn't I be more sick and more tired? What if I had one of those illnesses that hangs on for months or years, draining wellness from the body physically and emotionally, and doctors couldn't find a definite cause or cure? So I'm tired. So I'm occasionally unpleasantly sick. I still have a lot of cause for joy in my life. Most days, more than I merit.

In the evening, Dave & I went to our marriage enrichment class, and it was good. We had completed a questionnaire the previous session, and this week we discussed where we had differing responses. Oh, the landmines were definitely there, but we talked through several things and I had a complete "AHA" moment... Something that was an unhealthy part of our morning routine had such a simple solution. Sometimes I think about how much I love him... That's powerful stuff.

Today I'm at 13 weeks, and my next appointment is Monday. Sometimes I worry; I am sure it's natural. Dave took the day off to go to my appointment with me. We should be able to hear the heartbeat together.

No comments: