Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hospital Tour

Last night Fairview Ridges had an information session and tour. The tour and the speakers were interesting, and it was also interesting to see other pregnant ladies. I think most of them were due in August & September, and my October belly looked pretty small in comparison. Anyway, the nurses that I met were all very nice and informative. Then we went on the tour. Everything was nice, both the labor & delivery rooms and the postpartum rooms. But, the rooms are small. And that brought into very real terms the issue of visitors. There are just two chairs and the bed, and I think any more than 4 people would be really claustrophobic. So I'm going to have to think about how to discourage visitors without hurting feelings...

3 comments:

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Any way you could encourage family to come visit you both at home, after you're home? {{big hugs}}

nancy_scraps said...

And you can enlist the nurses' help! They can shoo people out if needed. (Although...they tend to be busy with the ladies who are in labor.)
And frankly... I'd rather have a visit in the hospital than at home. Hosting a parade of home visits can be tiring...

Minda said...

Remember, I'm your hit man lady, so use me. Then if anyone is offended, its by me. And I can be pretty nice and persuasive when I have to, those 20 years in disability claims have come in handy.

Plus, you have that NICE BIG house that will be more accomodating a day or two later.