Saturday, August 19, 2006

End of Day One, and Day Two

Yesterday, after lunch, Mom's knee became very painful. She has an ACL insufficiency and walks with a brace. It was questionable whether she could walk in the 3-Day, but her doctor said she could go for it. After 16 miles, her knee said otherwise.

Karlene's hip was bothering her as well, so they decided to take the bus back to camp. I had gotten a very large blister on my heel (same as last year) which is pretty painful. I was still able to keep walking, but I wanted to stay with my team. So we got on the bus. When we got back to camp, Mom called her orthopedist. After talking it over, we came to the conclusion that the best thing would be to rest Saturday, and see if Sunday was possible.

Thankfully, when Mom woke up this morning, all of her knee pain was gone. We spent today resting and stretching. Tomorrow morning, we'll head back to the route.

Sorry I missed you, Minda! Thanks for coming out.

No comments: